We’re sorry, but the Recharge with Milk Accomplishment Series Contest is now closed.
Thanks for your interest, and to everyone who submitted their stories. We’ll be announcing the winner on Facebook on December 1, 2013, so Like us on Facebook to make sure you follow all the action.
See below for the full Rules & Regulations for the Recharge with Milk Accomplishment Series Contest.
THE “RECHARGE WITH MILK ACCOMPLISHMENT SERIES” CONTEST
1. The “Recharge with Milk Accomplishment Series” Contest (the “Contest”) is held by Dairy Farmers of Canada (the “Contest Organizers”). The Contest runs on the Internet from August 26, 2013 at 12:00 PM (ET) to November 3, 2013 at 11:59 PM (ET) (the "Contest Period").
2. The Contest is open to all residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence. Members of the jury, employees, agents and representatives of the Contest Organizers, of any company, corporation, trust or other legal entity controlled by or affiliated to them, their advertising and promotional agencies, suppliers of prizes, material and services related to this Contest, as well as members of their immediate family (brothers, sisters, children, father, mother), their legal or common-law spouse and any individuals with whom such employees, agents, representatives and members of the jury are domiciled, are not eligible.
HOW TO ENTER
No purchase necessary
3. To enter, proceed as follows:
3.1 Go to www.rechargewithmilk.ca/contest.
3.2 Fill out the Entry Form by entering your first name, last name, city, , province, postal code, phone number including the area code, email address and confirm your email address;
3.3 In the space provided, write a story describing your athletic accomplishment (the “Story”);
3.4 (Optional) You can submit a photo relating to your accomplishment. To do so, click on “Browse” to select and download the file of the photo you want to submit;
3.5 Declare that you have reached the age of majority in your province of residence and that you have read and agreed to the Contest Rules including the conditions set out in the Statement of consent, authorization and release in connection with the Material submitted by checking the corresponding box;
3.6 Enter the characters which must be reproduced for security purposes;
3.7 Click on “Enter” before the end of the Contest Period. A confirmation message will appear and you will automatically obtain your entry in the Contest.
4. Evaluation criteria of the jury. The following criteria will be used by the jury to evaluate the Stories submitted to select the winner as detailed in section 11 of these Contest Rules:
4.2 Commitment and perseverance towards sport
4.3 Degree of accomplishment.
5. The following conditions apply to the Story and, if submitted, the photo (collectively the “Material”):
5.1 It must be original and the entrant must be its sole author or have obtained all required rights or authorizations for its use in the scope of this Contest;
5.2 The Material must relate to your athletic accomplishment;
5.3 Accepted photo formats are: jpg, gif, and .png, 2 MB maximum and must not be of poor quality;
5.4 The Story must comprise 1,000 characters or less;
5.5 The content of the Story must be in English;
5.6 The Material must not violate a person’s privacy rights, notably contain his/her name, likeness, resemblance, voice or reveal intimate details about this person unless you have obtained his/her consent and in the case of a minor who is not your child, the consent of a parent or legal guardian;
5.7 The Material must not hold inappropriate content, notably content which is explicitly sexual, offensive, harassing, discriminatory, libellous, violent, malicious, hateful, content which may be against knowledgeable accepted standards of good behaviour among the Canadian society or which depreciates Dairy Farmers of Canada, their affiliated companies’ products or services or their members. It must not contain suggestive images or language promoting an illegal activity and must not contain commercial content directly showing or promoting a brand other than those of the Contest Organizers. The entrant will have to make sure he/she has obtained all required authorizations with regards to any portion of the Material submitted which is protected by copyright, any other intellectual property right or the right of a third party;
5.8 The Material or a portion thereof must not have already been published or submitted in the scope of another contest or promotion.
6. In order to be eligible to the Contest, any entrant must provide the following authorization by checking the corresponding box on the Entry Form:
Statement of consent, authorization and release in connection with the Material submitted
7. Given the nature of the present Contest, its mode of entry and Material submitted, it may be difficult or impossible for the Contest Organizers to identify content which is not eligible or has not undergone the required necessary authorizations. The Contest Organizers do not require additional documentation from entrants to sustain that they have obtained the necessary authorizations. Therefore, if a portion of the Material submitted does not comply with these Contest Rules or if the Contest Organizers have reason to believe it does not comply, they reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify the entrant’s entry. If the Material is rejected, no entry will be awarded for such participation. No notice or explanation will be given to the entrant as why the Material was rejected.
8. Entry limits. Entrants must respect the following limits otherwise they may be disqualified:
8.1 One (1) entry per person, per email address, per day;
8.2 The use of only one (1) email address when an entrant owns more than one;
8.3 One (1) Story per entry. Each Story must be different and relate to a different athletic accomplishment;
8.4 One (1) photo per Story in the event you submit a photo.
9. Grand Prize. There is one (1) grand prize to win consisting of a four-day getaway for two (2) at Deerhurst Resort in Huntsville, Ontario. The grand prize has an approximate value of $5,000 and includes:
- Economy round trip flight for two persons between an airport near the winner’s residence and an airport in Toronto;
- Ground Transportation between the airport in Toronto and Deerhurst Resort;
- Four night accommodation (double occupancy) in a standard room at Deerhurst Resort;
- Buffet breakfast and 3 course dinner daily, for length of stay;
- Activities offered by the Deerhurst Resort to be determined with the Contest Organizers prior to departure;
- Gratuities for services included in the grand prize for length of stay.
10. The following conditions apply to the grand prize:
10.1 The winner must choose among the dates indicated by the Contest Organizers, at their sole discretion, for the getaway. The winner will be informed of these dates when contacted by the Contest Organizers;
10.2 All fees or expenses other than those mentioned above are at the winner’s and his/her guest’s charge, including without limitation transportation between the winner’s residence and airport of departure, meals not included, beverages (alcoholic or not), personal insurances, Internet access fees, minibar fees, room service, local and long distance phone calls, security deposit at the hotel, if required, expenses of a personal nature, vaccines and travel documents, as the case may be;
10.3 Subject to what is set forth in these Contest Rules and to availability, the getaway must be taken in compliance with the dates and travel arrangements to be determined with the Contest Organizers and/or their representatives;
10.4 The winner must provide the Contest Organizers with the name on his/her travel document as well as his/her guest’s name and contact information. No modification will be accepted once the arrangements are duly completed;
10.5 The winner and his/her guest must travel together;
10.6 The winner’s guest must have reached the age of majority in his/her province of residence and sign the declaration and liability waiver form (the “Declaration Form”) provided in compliance with section 13.2 of these Contest Rules, failing which, he/she will not be authorized to take part in the getaway;
10.7 If a portion of the getaway is not used, no compensation will be awarded to the winner or to his/her guest;
10.8 The approximate value of the getaway is notably based on an average value of the airfare, accommodation, food and activities for two adults, which may vary depending on the date and location of departure. No compensation will be awarded nor can any be claimed if the final prize value is less than $5,000.
SELECTION OF THE WINNER
11. At 3:30 PM (ET) on November 11, 2013, at the office of the Contest Organizers located in Toronto, a jury formed by representatives of the Contest Organizers will select one (1) entry among all entries registered during the Contest Period to award the grand prize. Entries will be evaluated according to the criteria provided at section 4 of these Contest Rules.
12. Odds of winning. The odds of an entrant being selected depend on the number of eligible entries registered during the Contest Period and on the quality of entries according to the evaluation criteria.
AWARDING OF THE PRIZE
13. To be declared the winner, the selected entrant must:
13.1 Be reached by phone or email, at the sole discretion of the Contest Organizers, within fifteen (15) days of the selection by the jury. If the selected entrant is reached by email, he/she must reply in accordance with the instructions given in the email, as the case may be. In the case of the return of an email prize notification as undeliverable, the Contest Organizers will have the entire discretion to disqualify the entrant’s entry;
13.2 Sign the Declaration Form to the effect that he/she has fulfilled all the requirements of these Contest Rules, and return it to the Contest Organizers for them to receive it within fifteen (15) days of its receipt;
13.3 Upon request and in a timely manner, provide an identification card with photograph.
14. Failure to comply with one of the conditions mentioned in these Contest Rules or to accept the prize will cause the selected entrant to be disqualified. In such a case, the Contest Organizers may, at their sole discretion, cancel the prize or proceed to a new selection in compliance with these Contest Rules until an entrant is selected and declared a winner.
15. Within two (2) to four (4) weeks following the receipt of the duly completed and signed Declaration Form, the Contest Organizers will contact the winner to inform him/her of the procedures for taking possession of the prize.
16. Verification. Entry Forms, the Declaration Form and the Material are subject to verification by the Contest Organizers. Any Entry Form, Declaration Form or Material which is, as the case may be, incomplete, illegible, mutilated, fraudulent, registered or submitted late, bearing an invalid email address or phone number or otherwise noncompliant shall be rejected and will not entitle to an entry or to the prize, as the case may be.
17. Disqualification. The Contest Organizers reserve the right to disqualify a person or to cancel one or several entries of a person who participates or tries to participate by using methods that do not comply with these Contest Rules or that are unfair to other entrants (e.g. entries exceeding the authorized limit, violation of a third party’s rights). Such a person may be reported to the appropriate legal authorities.
18. Conduct of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage the Contest web site and/or any related web site or to sabotage the legitimate conduct of this Contest constitutes a violation of civil and criminal laws. Should there be any such attempts, the Contest Organizers reserve the right to reject the entrant’s entries and obtain legal or equitable relief under applicable laws.
19. Acceptance of prize. The prize must be accepted as described in these Contest Rules and may not, in any case, be in whole or in part transferred to another person, replaced by another prize or exchanged for cash, except as provided in the section below.
20. Substitution of prize. In the event where it would be impossible, difficult and/or more costly for the Contest Organizers to award the prize (or a portion thereof) as described in these Contest Rules, they reserve the right to award a prize (or portion thereof) of the same kind and of equivalent value or, at their sole discretion, the cash value of the prize (or portion thereof) as indicated in the Contest Rules.
21. Liability limit: use of the prize. By entering the Contest, the entrant selected for the prize releases and holds harmless the Contest Organizers, any company, corporation, trust or other legal entity controlled by or affiliated to them, their advertising and promotional agencies, their employees, agents and representatives (the “Released Parties”) from and against any damage resulting from the acceptance or use of the prize.
22. Liability limit: prize supplier. The selected entrant for the prize acknowledges that upon awarding of the prize, the obligations related to it become the responsibility of the providers of services and goods related to the prize.
23. Web site. The Contest Organizers do not warrant that access to or use of the Contest web site or any related web site will be uninterrupted during the Contest Period or error-free.
24. Liability limit: conduct of the Contest. The Released Parties disclaim all liability for any of the following that may limit or prevent any entrant’s participation in the Contest or a person’s vote: malfunctioning of any computer component, software or communications line; loss or lack of a communications network; or any transmission that is faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible or erased by any computer or network. The Released Parties also disclaim all liability for any damages or loss that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by the downloading of any web page or software or by the transmission of any information related to participation in the Contest.
25. Contest modification. The Contest Organizers reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest in whole or in part, should human intervention or an event take place that could alter or affect the administration, security, impartiality or conduct of the Contest as provided in these Contest Rules.
26. Termination of participation in the Contest. In the event that the computer system cannot register all Contest entries for whatever reason, or if participation in the Contest must be terminated in whole or in part before the closing date provided in these Contest Rules, the prize may be awarded in compliance with the provisions to be determined by the Contest Organizers, at their sole discretion.
27. Prize limit. In no event shall the Contest Organizers be required to award more prizes than indicated in these Contest Rules or to award a prize otherwise than in compliance with these Contest Rules.
28. Liability limit: participation in the Contest. Persons who enter or try to enter this Contest release the Released Parties from any liability for damage these said persons may incur as a result of their entry or their attempt to enter the Contest.
29. Authorization. By entering this Contest, the selected entrant authorizes the Contest Organizers and their representatives to use, if required, his/her name, photo, likeness, voice, place of residence, Story, photo submitted (if any) and/or statement regarding the prize for publicity purposes, without any form of compensation.
30. Communication with entrants. No communication or correspondence related to this Contest shall be exchanged with entrants except as provided for in these Contest Rules or at the Contest Organizers’ initiative.
31. Personal information. Entrants’ personal information collected for the purpose of the Contest will only be used to administer the Contest. No commercial or other communications unrelated to the Contest will be sent to entrants unless they have otherwise agreed to receive such communications.
32. Property. The Declaration Form is the property of the Contest Organizers and shall not in any case be returned to the entrant.
33. Entrant identification. For the purpose of these Contest Rules, the entrant is the person whose name appears on the Entry Form and it is to this person to whom the prize will be awarded if he/she is selected and declared the winner.
34. Contest Organizers’ decision. Any decision by the Contest Organizers, their representatives or the jury regarding this Contest is final and without appeal.
35. Unenforceability. If a section of the Contest Rules is declared or deemed illegal, unenforceable or invalid by a competent court, that section shall be considered invalid, but all unaffected sections will be applied within the limits of the law.
36. Language. In case of any discrepancy between the French and English versions of these Contest Rules, if a French version is available, the English version shall prevail.